Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Dh giving up smoking today..................

(4 Posts)
red37 Tue 30-May-06 06:56:06

I have been asking dh to give up smoking for months now, I stopped 4 years ago. Today is the day today, so he says.
IMO I have heard him say this before, how do I stay optimistic as I think he will fail again.
Any advice and tips would be appreciated?

Spagblog Tue 30-May-06 06:59:57

It's hard to know how to play it. I want DH to give up desperately, but previous attempts have almost split us up.

red37 Tue 30-May-06 07:03:35

I have given him the incentive that he can get a new car, if he gives up the fags.

Spagblog Tue 30-May-06 07:26:57

Good luck to him. My friend encouraged her DH to give up by organising what she called a "chuff chart". It was like a reward board and he could put a star on for every day that he didn't smoke. I think he had mini rewards and a big goal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: