Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

i have a spot on my a*se, and no-one here to check that doesnt look infected

(36 Posts)
misdee Mon 29-May-06 21:44:03

its painful thats all i can tell you.

Rhubarb Mon 29-May-06 21:46:13

Sit on the scanner and we'll give you our verdict!

misdee Mon 29-May-06 21:46:45

lol!!

JanH Mon 29-May-06 21:47:12

Well arse spots usually are excruciating, misdee - I would give it a couple of days to see if it wears off (and try not to sit on it in the meantime)

Ouch anyway - sympathy

PrettyCandles Mon 29-May-06 21:48:50

Stand in front of your bedroom mirror, and hold another mirror in your hand, that way you ought to be able to get a look at it yourself. A dab of Sudocrem or Metanium probably wouldn't do any harm (but remember that Metanium stains).

Rhubarb Mon 29-May-06 21:51:55

Hi JanH!

JanH Mon 29-May-06 21:54:52

Hi, rhuby

(Got any arse spots? [wink})

I am going to email you, soon, honest - just drowning in work and paint and polyfilla atm.

misdee Mon 29-May-06 21:55:44

metanium does stain. so wont try that.

Rhubarb Mon 29-May-06 22:00:33

No arse spots here! Noooo, my arse is spot free thankyouverymuch! Try this Misdee!

misdee Mon 29-May-06 22:00:54

hehe.

MrsBadgerAvecUneVoiture Mon 29-May-06 22:02:53

spot by very definition is an infection, but body normally fights them fine.

dab with Sudocrem and don't pick

if still there and no smaller in a week, try doc as antibs might help get rid of it quicker

LadyTophamOfHattingford Mon 29-May-06 22:28:37

I am going to confess my most secret of secrets now.

I get a spotty bum, and have done for years. Sometimes it's just a little teeny pimple, other times it's a great big muvva of a boil thats makes it painful to sit down.

I have scars from some of those big muvvas!!

I have learnt to live with it and figure that at least these great big zits aren't on my face so it's not all bad.

My only advice is......NEVER wear a g-strings when you have a spotty bum. Actually NEVER wear G- strings FULL STOP.

There..... my secret is out.

nutcracker Mon 29-May-06 22:40:32

Oh wow thought I was the only one that gets a spotty bot

controlfreaky2 Mon 29-May-06 22:46:38

i too have suffered... why do they appear there?? are they preventable?? they hurt like hell.

misdee Mon 29-May-06 22:47:12

i get bigger spots on my bot than on my face.

controlfreaky2 Mon 29-May-06 23:05:22

yup. and they'r sort of "blind" and boily. yukkity yuk yuk yuk.

schneebly Mon 29-May-06 23:08:03

I have lovely skin on my face but my arse is like the surface of the moon!

controlfreaky2 Mon 29-May-06 23:14:16

we need a support group...
"bumboilbrigade"?
"arsey... and pussy"
sorry.

WishICouldGiveUpWork Tue 30-May-06 11:19:59

Oh so I am not alone then?

LTH-have exactly the same problem.Had large boil which turned to abcess,anti biotics couldn't touch it so Doc sent me to hospital to have it cut out.Second time this has happened and they are excrutiating.

Every time I sat down I shot up again having not manoevered theseam of my jeans sufficiently

BudaBabe Tue 30-May-06 11:22:44

Try dabbing with tea-tree oil. I get them too sometimes. Find if i wash with a tea-tree facial wash on my bott in the shower and exfoliate regularly I don't get so much. Then I forget and the whole cycle starts again!

LadyCodofCOdford Tue 30-May-06 11:25:07

i had boils on my arse when i was a teen

Bugsy2 Tue 30-May-06 12:10:10

I had boils on my bum when I was a little girl & my mother used to paint them with some evil smelling potion called Friar's Balsam. It stung like bee stings is all I can remember.

Cappucino Tue 30-May-06 12:10:36

ladytopham i used to have a spotty bum for years but after having dd i had a bath with lavender oil in every day to help with the stitches and it went away

so I am now very proud of my post-baby arse

my stomach however is another matter

Gingerbear Tue 30-May-06 12:14:13

A tip to check for degree of spottiness - next time you are in M&S, or any store that has those double mirrors in the chnging rooms, strip naked and point your bum at the mirror.

It is like one of those scary Fairground wobbly mirrors. (Surely I am not THAT fat?)

Oh, and use some of that apricot facial scrub (with bits in) to exfoliate yer bum.
(I wonder why no one has thought to market an arse exfoliator??)

LadySherlockofLGJ Tue 30-May-06 12:15:40

I have been rofl at this thread, but GB you have just made me spray.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: