Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

help - 6 month old screaming

(18 Posts)
koalabear Mon 29-May-06 15:36:25

has now been screaming for 36 hours - went to a&e last night - she does not have ear or urine infection - basic medical review by paed came up with nothing - she doesn't want to eat - will omly drink 2 ounces then refuses feeds - will not sleep, or naps for 5 minutes and wakes up screaming she's a big girl (20 pounds) so this is entirely out of character as she's been dream child since birth and usually sleeps 12 hours and only cries if hungry - help me - i am now crying with her poor love

sallystrawberry Mon 29-May-06 15:38:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

koalabear Mon 29-May-06 15:39:31

calpol and nurofen - no real effect though

sallystrawberry Mon 29-May-06 15:41:21

sallystrawberry Mon 29-May-06 15:42:23

koalabear Mon 29-May-06 15:42:56

no although gets hot and cold to touch

koalabear Mon 29-May-06 15:44:32

please?????

koalabear Mon 29-May-06 15:48:13

any body?

sallystrawberry Mon 29-May-06 15:48:33

koalabear Mon 29-May-06 15:50:09

said they did not know what was wrong with her - not very helpful

tribpot Mon 29-May-06 15:51:44

A&E can hardly expect you to figure it out - I agree with sallystrawberry, I would go back if the nurofen doesn't help. Is she teething?

koalabear Mon 29-May-06 15:54:20

not sure - she is drbbling - but no teeth yet
i have two year old and teething with him was not like this
she also threw up all yesterday - can you throw up with teething? can it put them off their milk? if so, is there anything strnger than nurofen? poor girl is just beside herself

Feistybird Mon 29-May-06 15:56:03

NHS direct?? or back to A&E again. God it's so distressing isn't it, when they scream..

koalabear Mon 29-May-06 15:56:57

yep and bottom lip goes out and wobbles

tribpot Mon 29-May-06 15:57:36

Some kids are better than others about teething, I was a nightmare, my bro was very easy (so my mum delights in telling me now that ds is teething).

Teething can certainly make them unwell but I'd be v concerned about the throwing up and being off her food, is she getting enough fluid? A&E should have advised you on that at least. It sounds like you've been sent away with a flea in your ear, to be honest, would it be worth trying the Out of Hours GP service?

koalabear Mon 29-May-06 16:00:10

no they sent me up to the kiddies ward and i was seen byconsultant paed

said to cme back tonight if she is not keeping f luid down

however poor love is still clearly distressed

there must be a reason - a child doesnt scream for this long for no reason

sallystrawberry Mon 29-May-06 17:26:40

koalabear Fri 02-Jun-06 05:01:52

sorry for break - we had to fly to san francisco - got off flight, and took her to doctor here in usa - she has ulcers in her mouth and that's why she didn't want to feed - doc gave her suppository pain relief and she is now feeding much better and on her way to being a much happier baby

thanks for your support

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: