Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

sorbitol induced squits!!...not pleasant

(12 Posts)
brimfull Mon 29-May-06 00:16:15

have been to the cinema and ate loads of sugarfree gummy sweets.I had major cramps and wind throughout the da vinci code(pity the poor buggers behind me!)
Now I have major squits,honestly am too frightened to fart!
How long will this self induced hell last??

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Mon 29-May-06 00:38:59

ds1 screams for about 12-24 hours after sorbitol (usually starting the next day though), so you should be OK by tomorrow sometime!

brimfull Mon 29-May-06 00:52:34

oh god that long! It really is awful...never again.And I thought I was being so good not eating sugar.

Californifrau Mon 29-May-06 01:23:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

threebob Mon 29-May-06 02:46:44

You can have immodium to slow down the bowel, they will help a little with the cramps.

Californifrau Mon 29-May-06 03:22:25

Californifrau Tue 30-May-06 20:43:55

Californifrau Tue 30-May-06 20:44:00

brimfull Tue 30-May-06 20:54:25

immodium worked wonders,I was fine the next morning,had a great clear out though.Great way for a detox though!!

threebob Wed 31-May-06 10:35:17

I'm glad it helped you.

Gingerbear Wed 31-May-06 10:38:43

I know what you mean - weight watchers Fruities sweets (only half a point per paket!) are full of sorbitol.
Unfortunately I am addicted to the liquorice ones.
Still, the diet is working a treat!

Bugsy2 Wed 31-May-06 11:20:28

Glad I'm not alone with this. I find more than two sorbitol sweets & I get the worst farts ever. I mentioned it to my GP once who obviously thought I was barmy.
Hope your guts are feeling better now ggirl.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: