Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

3yr old with nosebleeds

(6 Posts)
rabbitrabbit Sun 28-May-06 14:20:03

Hello,

My 3yr old DS has had half a dozen nosebleeds in the last 6 months to a year. He seems to have them at night (last night he woke at 2 and his face was covered in blood ).
Has anyone else's child had frequent nosebleeds? Does it require any medical intervention?

I ask as I had very frequent nosebleeds as a child and the many treatments I had never worked.

TIA

niceglasses Sun 28-May-06 14:27:24

My elder sister suffered from frequent nosebleeds when younger and so does her daughter, so maybe genetic?? Anyway, she also used to bruise very easily and was on some sort of medication for it for a while, but it was nothing too sinister. In fact, I thinkt here was another thread about this thing lately......I think they just grow out of it.

HTH

rabbitrabbit Sun 28-May-06 14:33:49

Thanks ng, I'll have a look for that other thread also.

cat64 Sun 28-May-06 14:39:21

Message withdrawn

rabbitrabbit Sun 28-May-06 14:42:23

Hi cat64-thanks for the tip
It was all over his new duvet cover and he was more upset about that!

festiveface Sun 28-May-06 17:06:47

ds1 has had nosebleeds since he was 2, he's now 10.
he could go for ages without one and then he could have it bleed 2 or 3 times in one day!
always worse during the summer.
hes had his nose cauterized recently and so far so good!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: