Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Constant green, snotty nose, any suggestions welcome?

(5 Posts)
sweetkitty Sat 27-May-06 13:10:32

DD1 is 22 months and since January has had a constant snotty nose. I know this has probably been doen to death and I know it's probably from Toddler groups as she is a juice thief (is she goes around having a drink from everyones juice cups) but it's driving me insane. All I ever seem to do is be wiping her nose, it is constantly streaming thick green snots (sorry if TMI) and is over everything the sofa, even her baby sisters head.

Do you think I should go to the doctor, I hate the thought of giving her antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. DD2 never seems to be troubled by it but I'm putting that down to the breastmilk I've even thought of giving DD1 some EBM every day in a cup to try and boost her immunity?

Any ideas would be great or is it just part and parcel of toddlerhood?

moondog Sat 27-May-06 13:12:59

Part and parcel am 'fraid.
It will pass.
She doesn't need any drugs.
EBM and lots of fresh air,exaercise and good food is all she needs.

(My 22 mth old ds is the same.)

Pinotmum Sat 27-May-06 13:14:56

My niece was like this. In the end my sister had her tested for food intolerances and was told to cut out all dairy and it cleared up within a day or two!! She was told she would grow out of it in time.

FrannyandZooey Sat 27-May-06 13:15:51

Yes it is revolting. I think the EBM is a corking idea myself (can't do any harm). However ds was fully breastfed from birth and a total snot monster for about 2 years. He finally seemed to get over it and now catches colds and shrugs them off easily. See it as a trial by fire for their immune systems! Teachers say you can spot the children who have not been to toddler groups / nursery etc. because they come down with all the colds when they start school.

sweetkitty Sat 27-May-06 13:23:40

Thanks might try EBM for a fortnight why not, not going to do her any harm.

Wee soul's nose is red and flaking too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: