Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Antibiotics

(2 Posts)
mairimac Sat 27-May-06 09:25:00

My ds has finally been given antibitoics after 5 weeks of constant coughing. They think maybe throat infection and everything else is coming up clear. Don't know what to think haven't much faith in the doc's at present. For 4 weeks I kept telling them I thought he had a bladder infection, each time I was told he didn't and I was paranoid. Eventually I asked for urine sample and what happened? Found a bladder infection! So here we are on another antibiotic fo the throat, however it says to take 4 x daily at regular intervals on an empty stomach! Not easy in a 8 mo old. Does regular intervals mean during his waking hours or over the 24hr period?
Thanks

vitomum Sat 27-May-06 10:20:21

hi there, my understanding is that the more you can space them out the better. having said taht i have never set my alarm to get up in the middle of the night to do it. my ds is on antibiotics at moment (he is nearly 2). i tend to give him the last dose about 11pm when i go to bed (have to wake him for this). so he basically gets all his doses between about 7.30am and 11pm. That's what i do anyway but the are infinitely more knowledgeable people than me here. hope you ds picks up soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: