This is page 1 of 1 (This thread has 18 messages.)
Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.
DS1 had singles, now need to decide on DS2 - I want singles, DH doesn't
DS1 had single vaccines mainly because at the time the whole Wakefield thing was in the media and we felt that it was the better option.
Now we have to decide about DS2. ALthough I feel about 95% sure that MMR is safe, I just think he should have the same chance as DS1 and go the single route again. The problem is Dh disagrees and wants the MMR.
the reason is I fought for DD to have thimerosal free primaries (this was just before the 5 in 1 was introduced) and felt that with the knowledge I had gained over the previous 3 years MMR would be fine
I will say that I delayed it till she was over 18 months but she still developed pneumonia 10 days later (which docs were at pains to point out was not connected)
Its tough ... only you can decide what to do for the best .. but if you remain unsure then go for singles
up to you but I'd just phone and say you want to delay it for 4 months .. I didn't get any grief from gp about that .. of course that was my decision .. I can't make yours for you (though I bet you'd like me to )
I can link to something that might help (but its complete emotional blackmail ) can also give you some personal stories, and there are others on here is you search, but depends how much you are against MMR.
OK- well as you're already decided. If the search facility is up and running there is someone on here who saw a regression following MMR so you could find her story. I spent this afternoon with a severely autistic 7 year old who had massive seizures within 24 hours of receiving the MMR and whose paediatrician suspects that as being the trigger for his autism. And (this is the blackmail bit) you could show him this film It's 13 mins long. And it might convey your point- that you'd rather do singles because if your child did have the MMR, and then- against all odds- became autistic this is what life would be like.
I still haven't managed to get the film to play . I must be doing something wrong. Mind you, I'm beginning to think I might not want to. The little boy on the ground looks too much like my Ds, he even has the red coat!
I'm going through the same thing LittleMerlin. Have also basically decided on singles for ds if I can get hold of them (not in the UK). dh would prefer the MMR too but has admitted I know more about it than him (because I've done the research) and is letting me sort it.
Jimjams, it's my ancient laptop but it is part of a wireless network. Maybe that's what's making the difference. I shall have to ask dh when he gets home, he's the computer expert in this house (I was wildly excited when I managed to do a link!! )