Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Owwwwwww it hurts, what could it be please!

(28 Posts)
TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 26-May-06 11:06:53

For the last few nights ive felt queasy (only after eating tea though) but as of last night it feels like someones jumped on my stomach and also my lower back hurts too, seems to be a little more on the right side and down towards the top of my hip bone thingy. Any ideas?

I want to go shopping today grrrr so need it to go away!

jessicaandrebeccasmummy Fri 26-May-06 11:07:45

Appendix?

jessicaandrebeccasmummy Fri 26-May-06 11:08:03

kidney infection?

TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 26-May-06 11:11:44

I have no idea where the appendix even is and its not really really painful ifswim its more of a nagging pulling type pain.

Had tons of kidney infections not long ago so it had beeter not be one of them! Doesnt hurt to have a wee or anything.

Would either of them make you queasy?

jessicaandrebeccasmummy Fri 26-May-06 11:19:50

I was sick as a dog with my appendix, it didnt actually rupture, it was grumbling, but because i was pg, they said it was best to take it out there and then rather than wait and potentially both of us die.

I would go to the docs and get checked, it could well jsut be a water infection.

jessicaandrebeccasmummy Fri 26-May-06 11:20:33

oh and the appendix is right hand side about a hands width from your hip bone - well thats where my scar is!

GarfieldsGirl Fri 26-May-06 11:25:35

could be rumbling appendix. You'd know if it was about to rupture as you would not be able to move at all.

nutcracker Fri 26-May-06 11:26:58

Sounds like the pain I get during ovulation.

TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 26-May-06 11:29:41

Im on the pill though. Just had chesse on toast and feeling very yuk now.

SaintGeorge Fri 26-May-06 11:39:20

Same as nutty, sounds like ovulation pain.

You still ovulate on the pill, just doesn't implant in the womb if the egg gets fertilised.

TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 26-May-06 11:43:48

I didnt know you still ovulated when you were on the pill. Hope its that then!

SaintGeorge Fri 26-May-06 11:56:52

Long time since I was on the pill Tamba, but pretty sure that's how they work.

If symptoms get any worse though, make sure you get it checked out. Could still possibly be appendix problems.

SaintGeorge Fri 26-May-06 12:00:52

See, just checked. Apparently it is soooooooo long since I was on the pill that they are different. They do stop ovulation.

Can't for the life of me remember what sort I was on but I know it worked by changing the womb lining and thickening cervical mucus.

chapsmum Fri 26-May-06 12:02:57

You dont ovulate on the combined pill, but you do on the mini pill. sound lik it could be your appendix tamba. IF you get a temp or the pain gets worse, go and see a dr.

TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 26-May-06 12:03:27

Im on microclyn (or something like that)

Will see how it feels over the next couple of days. All I need atm to be poorly!

jessicaandrebeccasmummy Fri 26-May-06 12:04:28

you are the combined pill tamba, the same one as me Mycrogynon30.

Please get it checked out today, BH weekend is NOT the time to be trying to get an out of hours doc!

TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 26-May-06 12:04:34

It feels exactly like period pains - if I wasnt on the pill thats what id say it was. But I am so it cant be!

jessicaandrebeccasmummy Fri 26-May-06 12:06:26

GO TO DOCS

Pllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xxxxxxxxxxx

chapsmum Fri 26-May-06 12:07:32

Actually tamba it wouldn hurt to get our urine checked for a UTI. You are a bit prone to them...

TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 26-May-06 12:11:00

Docs say no appointments for 2 weeks

I do seem very prone to kidney infections, no idea why though!

Am going to get my arse in gear and go shopping, need something decent to wear to a funeral, and something to wear to a wedding. And some red shoes (dont need them as such but i sooooo want them!)

Dont you just love pay day

GarfieldsGirl Fri 26-May-06 17:06:49

Get your mum to phone asking for appt for her daughter, you'll get in straight away, they won't realise you're an adult 'til its too late! Works every time at my gps!

spacecadet Fri 26-May-06 17:37:23

tamba-i have a congenital kidney defect and i get infections which start in the kidney as opposed to in the bladder, therefore you dont always get a burning sensation when weeing, if theres a chance of a kidney infe tio n, phone and ask for an urgent appt.

glassofwine Fri 26-May-06 18:03:31

Kidney stones? mine started shortly after DD1 born and got worse during subsequent pg's - don't know if you've had a baby recently, but it can speed up stone formation.

chapsmum Fri 26-May-06 18:36:56

Remeber tamba you dont need a drs appt to get your urine checke, the nurse can do it or the rceptionist can send it away. don t leave it two weeks if you are still feeling rough

TambaTheDragonSlayer Fri 26-May-06 18:51:22

Wierd thing is, now there is some 'blood' (I think!) is very brown though?????

Why would that be happening? Am not due on - am on the pill!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: