Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Upper arms really sensitive - weird!

(7 Posts)
QueenOfCats Fri 31-May-13 20:21:20

My upper arms are sensitive to the point of it being ridiculous.

If someone taps me or nudges me or I brush against something I'm in agony - sheer agony. It can take me 15 minutes to recover from a poke to the upper arm.

Why on earth would this be?

Is this something that anyone else has experience of, or could it be a subtle pointer to something?

Please reassure me I'm not a freak! blush

traceymarie123 Sun 25-May-14 23:51:06

Ooh I hope you get to read this as I know your comment is a year old but I suffer... And I mean suffer with the same thing! It's only on the outside of My upper arms between elbow and shoulder but a SLIGHT poke leaves Me rolling in pain!
Iv tried reading up on it but can only find a link with fybromyalgia and I think you have same pain in more places with that

Alou321 Sat 21-May-16 13:12:01

Did you find out what was the issue? I have exactly the same symptoms with my upper arms! Only thing I can find even searching is fibromyalgia 😕

Samiamrn4 Tue 07-Feb-17 06:12:08

My daughter and I both have the same issue when people tap our arms to get attention or push us in the arm playfully it's soooooo painful and lingers for some time.

KieraCameron Tue 07-Feb-17 15:58:47

I was going to say fibro. it is a common symptom

MichaelSheensNextDW Tue 07-Feb-17 19:25:17

I had this before my Hashimoto's was medicated properly (which is frequently initially misdiagnosed as fibro).

BornStroppy Sat 11-Feb-17 01:25:01

I get this before being sick, but also had it on my calves for about two years before it all erupted in Psoriasis....I think it's a sign you need to take it easy, maybe boost immune system

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now