Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My feet are the size of frickin BALLOONS

(4 Posts)
MadCap Fri 31-May-13 16:18:27

They are so swollen, sore and tingly (left more so than the right.) We flew back from America this morning and then had a 3 hour car ride home. We also just took a walk in order to keep awake.

This has never happened before and we do this trip a couple times a year. I am overweight, but I did have my heavy lump of a 2 yo ds on my lap on and off.

Does anyone know how to make it go away? It's really uncomfortably tight and tingly.

Sorry if this doesn't make loads of sense. I am very tired!

TheGirlOnTheLanding Fri 31-May-13 16:25:31

All I find helps is elevating them so they're higher than my hips: so lie on the floor with legs up on the sofa. If you can persuade someone to do lymphatic massage to get the fluid to stop pooling in your lower limbs that helps too. You have my sincere sympathies: I now get it whenever it's hot or if I'm sedentary for a long period (plane, train journeys) and it's really uncomfortable - your skin feels tightly stretched over the inflamed tissue doesn't it? Hope you feel better soon.

MadCap Fri 31-May-13 16:29:20

Thanks TheGirl Excellent a reason to put my feet up. Maybe it was a combination of lots of travel, DS and 30+ degree heat.

monikar Fri 31-May-13 17:13:54

My feet swelled up after a long haul flight and it really worried me. I found that it passed gradually over a few days - each day was a bit better. I didn't do a lot of 'feet-up' as I thought it had been caused by sitting in one position for too long so I tried to keep busy, with all the washing and unpacking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now