Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Seems dh had mild heart attack

(10 Posts)
Ulysees Thu 25-May-06 09:49:55

He's been to docs because of a cough and wheezing. Dr made him have blood tests and ecg and it shows that he's probably had a mild heart attack.
He's overweight and has a very stressful job plus other stress going on.
He had a chest scan yesterday so we're waiting for those results.
I hope he takes this as a warning. I know our diet is going to change and hopefully he'll get more exercise. We'll wait and see what dr says before he starts that though. I eat fairly well and he's not too bad but when we say have pizza he'll have a huge meat one. I'm quite a bit younger too so it's a warning for me to take stock for the future. So worried about him though. I want him to be there for the kids in years to come.

NomDePlume Thu 25-May-06 09:52:07

hopefully he'll take it as an early warning and it'll motivate him to adjust his lifestyle.

LotosEater Thu 25-May-06 09:54:24

How awful for you both. How old is he?

He will defintely need to change his diet to a healthy one, which will make a big difference

Is there anything he can do to reduce stress?

Carmenere Thu 25-May-06 10:02:48

Ulyses this happend to my dp about 6 months ago so I totally feel for you. You have to make sure that he rests lots, exercises lots and eats really well. And I say you because he obviously has bad habits and needs your help to change them. Good luck and take care of you too. Btw my dp is absolutely fine now

Ulysees Thu 25-May-06 10:58:57

thanks for the messages. He's just turned 50.

Carmenere,thank you....that gives me comfort

Ulysees Thu 25-May-06 22:16:47

He's eaten very healthily today and been out with the boys for a good play Looks down though but then he's bound to be.

Carmenere Thu 25-May-06 22:27:41

Good U, just keep up the general good stuff insofar as exercise and food goes and I'm sure he will be ok

Ulysees Thu 25-May-06 22:40:34

cheers hun

wish I could get him to take some time off work though

sallystrawberry Thu 25-May-06 22:41:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ulysees Thu 25-May-06 22:42:38

awww ta hun xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: