Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Blood test tomorrow

(4 Posts)
Jennypog Thu 25-May-06 09:02:14

And I am feeling so ill today - I have a cold and sore throat, swollen glands, etc. What will my blood test be like? Is it worth having it? I have to go for blood tests every few weeks because I have a blood disorder, but I am not sure whether it is worth going tomorrow. Any comments?

Mercy Thu 25-May-06 09:11:30

Jennypog - snap!

I'm going for a blood test a bit later (very high blood pressure) and I also have a sore throat, runny nose etc.

I'm still going though as I can't have any breakfast, not even a cup of tea, and I don't really want to wait any longer. I'll let you know if the nurse says anything about this.

Jennypog Thu 25-May-06 09:20:33

Yes, I thought about just going and not worrying about it. I think it will put up my white blood cells (but I am not sure), but if I don't go I will have to ring and make another appointment which will mean another day off work.

Hope your bp is okay - I was told I had high bp, but when I checked it at home it was okay. I get so worked up about all these blood tests, etc, that it puts my bp up.

jessicaandrebeccasmummy Thu 25-May-06 09:21:54

ive got a blood test later and a cold too!!! Mine is to check my iron levels, which i know are way below what they should be!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: