Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Having lasek eye surgery next Friday - excited but can someone hold my hand?

(4 Posts)
NeopreneMermaid Tue 28-May-13 19:39:29

And/or share experiences and tips?
I'm having lasek not lasik so recovery is longer. Damn my bumpy corneas.
Reputable surgeon at reputable clinic.

Thisisaeuphemism Tue 28-May-13 19:47:22

I had this - ooh seven years ago I guess - it is bloody wonderful, life changing even! I am quite evangelical about it. The procedure is ok - just focus on the result (like childbirth) smile

YoniOneWayOfLife Tue 28-May-13 20:06:07

Yes, focus on the result. The op was unpleasant but lasted about 5 minutes! Make sure you have someone to lead you out of the building, that you have absolutely nothing planned for that day/ the next - I was exhausted, I think from the stress/excitement and needed lots of naps. But I could see perfectly straight away, I think I took a couple of doses of painkillers, but nothing else apart from the masses of drops they give you.

One more thing - all my calming techniques involving shutting my eyes. Obviously you can't when they are clamped open, so perhaps take something to hold/squeeze/stroke IYSWIM.

NeopreneMermaid Tue 28-May-13 22:47:10

Thank you. I have thought about taking a squeezy stress ball (bought for birth but never had time to use - also like the birth analogy!) and asking for the radio to be on. I'm hoping I will be OK by day 5 as I have a 3yo and 14mo home with me then. Is this realistic?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now