Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

headaches and nosebleeds

(4 Posts)
SaltaKatten Mon 27-May-13 22:15:26

Since christmas time I have been getting nosebleeds frequently and in the last few weeks (the most stressfull in a very long time) I have been having several nosebleeds most days. I can feel them starting as I get a tingling feeling and feel dizzy. It's not always from the same nostril. Once the bleeding starts I usually get a headache as well that then lasts for a couple of hours.
I've got a gp appointment but not for another month and DH wants me to get an emergency appointment which I am not keen on. Am I being stupid though and should I get an emergency appointment? I've had 3 nosebleeds today and had 5 yesterday, which is pretty bad as I usually have most of them at work.

EleanorFarjeon Mon 27-May-13 23:45:21

I would not wait another month.

Has your BP been checked lately? Can you have a telephone consultation with your gp tomorrow?

MoonlightandRoses Mon 27-May-13 23:55:10

DH is right - you need to get these checked sooner rather than later.

SaltaKatten Tue 28-May-13 08:24:24

Ok, I guess I'll get an emergency appointment, at least it's half term so I'm off work. My head teacher is not keen on appointments in school hours, which is why it is so hard to get a routine appointment without waiting ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now