Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

lumps and bumps in odd places.

(10 Posts)
EnlightenedOwl Mon 27-May-13 13:51:21

This morning noticed a pea sized bump "down there" but on the outside if you see what I mean
Fully aware that if it doesn't go/ gets any bigger I need it checking but any thoughts without scaring me too much on what it may be? I have a theory but not sure....

SomethingOnce Mon 27-May-13 13:58:15

Ingrown hair?

If you could be less coy and describe in more detail that might help!

LittleBallOfFur Mon 27-May-13 14:01:16

I had a small (painless) pea sized lump in my groin for about a month - I was worried it was a lymph node but doc said it was a hair cyst and it went away on its own. Worth getting it looked at if you're worried. It took seconds for her to put my mind at ease smile

EnlightenedOwl Mon 27-May-13 15:39:48

it could be a hair cyst actually hadn't thought of that. I am given to dramatics where these things are concerned and was thinking Bartholin's cyst or similar as it fits that description. blush i always go for the dramatics!!

SomethingOnce Mon 27-May-13 16:37:46

From NHS choices:

A Bartholin's cyst, also called a Bartholin's duct cyst, is a small growth just inside the opening of a woman’s vagina. Cysts are small fluid-filled sacs that are usually harmless.

It's not clear what you meant by 'on the outside' but it's not likely to be a Bartholin's cyst if it could be an ingrown hair.

RafflesWay Mon 27-May-13 17:09:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleBallOfFur Mon 27-May-13 17:41:33

I was convinced I had cancer! Especially as my aunt had hodgkins when she was a similar age to me now. Step away from google and see the doc smile

EnlightenedOwl Mon 27-May-13 19:37:55

that's exactly where it is. Bugger I bet it is you know.
I'll give it a week or two as it is small but any drastic developments it may well be a visit to the GP.Damn.

Sh1ney Mon 27-May-13 22:07:21

If you're prone to dramatics this is probably just a spot.

RafflesWay Tue 28-May-13 20:04:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now