Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Melasma

(2 Posts)
chrome100 Sun 26-May-13 22:08:39

I have melasma over most of my forehead and a little on my upper lip. I first noticed it this time last year and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, although admittedly I haven't bothered going to the doctor as there is no cure.

I have never been pregnant, although have been on the pill for several years and had (lots of) sun.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good make up that covers it up? or just anything that helps? I'm beginning to feel really down about it, as though I'll never be pretty again and even this weekend when it's been really hot I've hidden my forehead with a woolly bobble hat sad

timidviper Sun 26-May-13 22:18:15

I have some patches on my face and have tried lots of cosmetic-y type products with very little effect. My GP tells me mine is not severe enough for NHS treatment so I'm afraid I don't know any solution so I will be watching with interest to see if you get any good suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now