Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cervical Cancer- Self diagnosing myself and scared of seeing my GP.

(12 Posts)
needaholidaynow Sun 26-May-13 20:27:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Royalmailer Sun 26-May-13 20:35:35

Go and see the doctor.

Try not to worry too much- I think it's unlikely to be cancer. But do get checked out, to put your mind at rest.

EcoRI Sun 26-May-13 20:39:18

Hey hey, try to relax.
Chances are that it's nothing serious, particularly if you've just had a baby; it might be your body readjusting. Bleeding mid cycle could be due to any number of things but its good to get it checked out.
Go to your doctor and ask for an internal and a smear test. You should probably have an STI check just in case. But just try not to worry so much.

Baabaapinksheep Sun 26-May-13 20:42:07

How many periods have you had since you gave birth, and have they been regular? Mine were screwed up for ages after the birth of both my dc.

It's most likely the period type pain and bloated feeling is because your period is about to start! Most likely nothing to worry about, but get it checked to put your mind at rest smile

needaholidaynow Sun 26-May-13 20:47:52

LEMisdisappointed Sun 26-May-13 20:49:25

Woah there - you are jumping 20 steps ahead!! You are only thirteen weeks post baby (congratulations) - all of what you describe sounds quite normal, of course you need to see your doctor to put your mind at rest and rule out infection. Firstly, your periods wont have settled down yet, especially if you are breast feeding, but ieven if you arent your hormones will be all over the place. Your cervix is still settling down from childbirth too so for it to be tender isn't a great surprise.

Have you had your seven week check? Do they still do those?

needaholidaynow Sun 26-May-13 21:10:35

GW297 Sun 26-May-13 21:17:42

Go to the doctors. I've had a similar thing and there are so many things it could be. Given your age it's very, very unlikely to be cancer (or that's what my doctor told me.) It seems likely that it's to do with you having given birth so recently but please get it checked out to put your mind as rest so you can get on with your life and enjoy your baby.

needaholidaynow Tue 28-May-13 11:29:33

needaholidaynow Tue 28-May-13 11:30:29

LEMisdisappointed Tue 28-May-13 17:19:03

Oh, it always helps when the doctor is eye candy, i find grin

digerd Tue 28-May-13 20:04:40

I had cervica lcancer in Situ, but had no symptoms at all. I had been on the contraceptive pill for a few years before so my periods were controlled by that.

It is most likely your hormones and your cervix struggling to recover. Even if you didn't experience this the first time.

Hope you get back to normal soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now