Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Just got back from hospital with ds, back in again for more tests 9am

(12 Posts)
7up Wed 24-May-06 17:18:22

finally the doctors, after months of my telling them he drinks through need and not through habit, have diagnosed diabetes insipidus.

this is the 2nd time hes been in hospital over the last fortnight and todays test proved that he has the condition but they now need to test for the underlying cause by doing an mri scan to check the pituarty gland is developed normally and checks on his kidneys. im relieved that hes diagnosed but think its not over yet.

ive bought him home with a cannula still in his hand and going back 9am for more testing and probably overnight.

my ex as usual is making light of his condition and the welfare officer (the report was here when i arrived home) is basically stating in her report that im using his health to delay contact!bloody annoyed with the pair of em

foxinsocks Wed 24-May-06 17:20:16

glad you have finally got to the bottom of it - how did they finally diagnose it?

I would let the GP know what's been going on so that if the welfare officer wants to talk to anyone medical, just point her in his direction (so you don't have to deal with it).

7up Wed 24-May-06 17:26:27

hi foxinsocks,they dehydrated him again and ran the saline drip through him to make him concentrate his urine and it still didnt concentrate.it was very unpleasant for him, poor kid, hes so young but at least he wont remember it.

i think i need to ask his paed to write a letter to the courts, even if i have to pay, to point out that liams health is a real concern and and not something to be poo pooed at

foxinsocks Wed 24-May-06 17:26:44

poor you and ds and all the tests

foxinsocks Wed 24-May-06 17:27:57

yes, definitely get him to write a letter - sounds like you still have lots of tests to go to and it takes up so much time being at hosp etc.

can't believe your ex is being so idiotic

Piffle Wed 24-May-06 17:29:26

A relief to get a diagnosis 7up, so treatment can begin.
I cannot believe that your ex is being such a twat about it - hope he comes to the party sometime soon.
I hope tomorrow goes ok for you both, it is pretty hard watching your little precious person go through all the tests
xx

peachyClair Wed 24-May-06 18:05:44

Thank goodness you now have an answer.

My pageboy was taken ill on holiday last wek, ended up in itu with diabetes . He is OK, but the poor ;ad has been through so much -was born at 31 weeks- so .

Really hope you LOl is ok now.

7up Wed 24-May-06 18:09:17

thanks for your wellwishes girls, much appreciated. its the first time ive posted in the last few weeks so nice to get some support

AllieBongo Wed 24-May-06 20:12:37

hello love. I'm glad you had what you knew confirmed. Poor little l. Your ex is just being a cock and so is that "welfare" officer. At least you can shove this in their faces and tell em to chuff off. I'll be here til 11 as usual. Take care x x

lanismum Wed 24-May-06 21:42:28

hiya 7up, have just seen this, glad hes finally got a diagnosis, but sorry he still has more tests to go through, but as you said, he wont remember any of this when hes older, its good that they have sent him home with the cannula in, at least thats 1 thing he wont have to go through tomorrow, they are horrid little things to keep having resited. as for your ex, can he be trusted to look after your ds now, i presume he will be on medication, and his fluids monitered? will he have to prove he can cope with his condition before having unsupervised contact? will be thinking of you and the little man tomorrow, hoping it all goes as well as possible xx

yackertyyack Thu 25-May-06 09:55:32

7s >> Thinking of you and your little man today -hope it all goes OK and you finally get some conclusive answers on the diagnosis and more importantly how they are going to help your little man feel better. Agree with Aliie.....the ex is just being a di&head, he should be supporting you and the little fella not making life harder so just ignore him and shove the drs notes in the welfare officers face! [Big Hugs to you}

7up Sat 27-May-06 14:27:49

hiya, got back late last night.ds had a kidney ultrasound which showed nothing, tried to give him a ct scan but the premed made him loopy so got to go back for that. hes on medication thats meant to make his kidneys get rid of more water and concentrate his urine. im waiting for the hospital to ring now, as the med has taken his thirst away completely, his pee is still clear and he looks yellow!!! so bloody worrying.must have a doze while hes sleeping

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: