Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tiny blisters on palms/fingers driving me CRAZY!

(17 Posts)
fuzzpig Sat 25-May-13 19:49:12

Have had the odd one or two before but now I have about 30, mostly concentrated on two fingers.

Anyone had these? According to google it is just a skin complaint so not a sign of hand/foot/mouth etc (which was my first worry) but what do I DO? Argh <scratch>

SisterMatic Sat 25-May-13 19:50:41

Do you overwash your hands? Is it like a contact dermatitis?

SisterMatic Sat 25-May-13 19:51:46

I get it over my knuckles and wrist cos I am overenthusiastic at times with antibac soap, tis why I ask.

PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Sat 25-May-13 19:53:20

Dermatitis

EleanorFarjeon Sat 25-May-13 19:53:40

I had ring worm and my palms were covered in tiny blisters. Could it be that? If so, you need cream!

fuzzpig Sat 25-May-13 19:54:10

Nope just after bathroom/food. Don't use antibacterial stuff really.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sat 25-May-13 19:56:37

Pompholyx eczema. Drives me insane with it's itching.

Wishiwasanheiress Sat 25-May-13 19:57:01

I get similar usually around stressful times. Can be painful and all skin peels off. H45 cream gets rid each time.

MrsFrederickWentworth Sat 25-May-13 19:58:56

I get it when I use l'occitane. Every time.

hazeyjane Sat 25-May-13 20:00:41

Does it sound like this?

I get it, especially when it gets warmer or I am stressed. I am really careful to avoid liquid soaps and washing up liquid etc. I use aqueous cream to was my hands, moisturise frequently with dermol and use a steroid cream when it is bad (with fucidic acid, if they start to look infected).

LunaticFringe Sat 25-May-13 20:01:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hazeyjane Sat 25-May-13 20:01:45

cross posted with hellhathnofury - it is the same thing.

bruffin Sat 25-May-13 20:02:31

The other name is dishydrotic eczema or dishydrosis. You can buy steroid eumovate over the counter which works.
Hormones used to cause it for me. I used to get it the same time every month.

fuzzpig Sat 25-May-13 20:04:13

Hmm photo in that link isn't like it as blisters aren't that big (thankfully!) but this is quite a good likeness and the page it is from also says pompholyx confused

Stress would certainly make sense. Haven't ever used l'occitane though grin

fuzzpig Sat 25-May-13 20:06:28

I have been using my son's betnovate RD today but I think we do have fucidin too.

Or should I trek to Boots to see a pharmacist tomorrow?

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sat 25-May-13 21:11:27

dyshidratic eczema. i have a bad case of it at the moment. starts with one or two tiny itchy blisters then you wake up one day and your whole finger is covered. then it'll go dry and cracked and itchy and sore. im using a steroid cream at the mo and is better but not as good as id like. i can't pinpoint what causes mine it seems to just randomly pop up every now and again.

MrsFrederickWentworth Sat 25-May-13 22:46:50

Liquid soaps of almost any kind don't help.

I've gone back to Dove and Pears. Lux sometimes but usually Pears.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now