Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

horrid skin complaint

(6 Posts)
floradora Thu 23-May-13 21:41:37

I have lots of small scaly but red patches, mostly on my legs, but a few on arms and some on my torso and back..Luckily the weather is so rubbish my legs are hidden, but I'm getting fed up as they are getting worse and not clearing up sad
I had something similar a few years back and used an anti-fungal cream but that seems to be having no effect. Any ideas, anyone?

mikkii Thu 23-May-13 22:31:03

Sounds like psoriasis to me. Are there white scales on the rde patches? There are aroids treatments for this, including sun beds! It I made rose by stress. Go and see your gp to confirm diagnosis and get appropriate treatment.

EllieArroway Fri 24-May-13 07:50:23

Yes - does sound like psoriasis. Anti-fungal creams won't make any difference as it's not caused by a fungus, but by your immune system. The doctor can prescribe topical steroids, I believe.

floradora Sat 25-May-13 14:38:30

ok, thanks both - there are white scales, and yes, stress is a major component of my life at the moment. Seeing my GP in a couple of days so i hope he can sort it out.

purpleflower123 Sat 25-May-13 14:51:57

Definitely sounds like psoriasis.

floradora Sun 26-May-13 10:33:53

and someone said "hormonal changes" may be a factor... like menopause-ish changes?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now