Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

New Adult Teeth

(6 Posts)
boobum Wed 24-May-06 05:04:58

Hello
I've just noticed that my six year old son has his adult teeth coming through behind his milk teeth which are yet to fall out and just wondered if anyone else has had any experience of this? Thanks

Jasnem Wed 24-May-06 06:26:43

My dd has her first one coming through behind her baby teeth(she's almost 7). I don't think it's that unusual but I am planning an extra visit to the dentist to get it checked.

boobum Wed 24-May-06 10:32:10

Thanks Jasnem. Anyone else?

JackieNo Wed 24-May-06 10:34:42

My DD has an adult tooth coming through behind one of her bottom ones - we were at the dentist recently, and I asked her about it. She said that it wasn't anything to worry about, and that it usually sorted itself out, but that in any case, they wouldn't usually consider anything like braces etc for repositioning teeth till children were at least 12 or 13. HTH.

boobum Wed 24-May-06 13:26:28

Thanks JackieNo. Thats what my dentist said but I was interested in a second opinion! Thanks.

ComeOVeneer Wed 24-May-06 13:38:46

Totally normal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: