Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Post breast reduction bra suggestions

(4 Posts)
Lilypad34 Thu 23-May-13 12:12:28

Due for a consult next month would like to go from my H to a D cup, am looking at post surgical bras. I am all for comfort! looked at the Genie bras and wondered if anyone has had the same operation and can give some advice.

Slightly nervous as I am a total wimp not very good with pain!

woopsidaisy Thu 23-May-13 21:46:49

Soft/sports, full cup, non-wired bras for post surgery. Once swelling has gone down and all healing well, wear normal bra.
You will probably see the anaesthetist before the op, and can discuss pain relief then.
Take all pain relief regularly whether you feel you need it or not. This keeps pain levels steady at minimal, hopefully. If not ask for more/alternatives.
I hope to have this one day too! Good luck.

Sh1ney Sat 25-May-13 23:31:59

It's not hugely painful afterwards

A non wired bra is just fine for a few weeks

marriednotdead Sat 25-May-13 23:45:36

Please please please 1. Get your bra size checked properly (at Bravissimo ideally) and 2. Do not believe your surgeon without question if they say they will reduce you to a D cup.

I say this as a proper bra fitter (check credentials on the bra threads) who has yet to see anyone reduced to less than an F cup. Almost everyone I have fitted post reduction surgery is between F and G, and were almost always a bigger cup size than they thought to start with.

The 'roots' of your breasts (where they join your body) cannot be reduced so although they will not project forward as much, they will still fill a cup but in a wider, shallower way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now