Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

A&E in London recommendations (ESP good for orthopaedics)

(11 Posts)
TheRealMBJ Thu 23-May-13 10:52:30

Rushing down stairs at York station, I, like an idiot, fell and badly sprained my ankle. May have done worse.

And missed my train

East Coast have been fantastic, transferring me and my family to the next train to King's Cross, bringing me a wheelchair and putting us all in 1st Class FOC.

However, as the journey continues, I fear I may need a visit to A&E when we get to London (so much for going to the Natural History museum to see the dinosaurs)

Please recommend to me the best place to go.

TheRealMBJ Thu 23-May-13 11:17:50

No one?

LalyRawr Thu 23-May-13 11:19:38

Well, the best hospital in London (in my opinion!) is the Royal London. But that's in Whitechapel, so a bit far from where you are.

I don't know of any others as I always go to the London!

Lilymaid Thu 23-May-13 11:28:56

I would hot foot (sorry) it over to UCH as the nearest hospital to Kings X.

TheRealMBJ Thu 23-May-13 11:29:13

Thanks.

University College hospital on Euston road apparently sees 98.8% of patients within 4hr target

gnatgnu Thu 23-May-13 11:29:43

If you're coming into Kings Cross, your nearest will be UCH, not had recent experience there but I think they are pretty good...

TheRealMBJ Thu 23-May-13 11:31:29

Thanks Lily

Is it any good? Do you have personal experience?

gnatgnu Thu 23-May-13 11:31:42

Ps, I hope you are ok

AuntieStella Thu 23-May-13 11:34:24

UCH is easily the nearest to your arrival point (just up the road) and you'd be in good hands at any of the big London teaching hospitals.

Nearest to the museums is Chelsea and Westminster, but as you're in pain, probably best to go to to A&E first on the shortest, easiest route rather than fanny around crossing London.

TheRealMBJ Thu 23-May-13 11:43:41

Thank you everyone.

I do feel such an idiot

TheRealMBJ Thu 23-May-13 13:14:27

After 2 hours of ice on train, pain much improved and can weight-bear. So think strapping and ready all that is necessary

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now