Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

yellow hands and feet

(3 Posts)
pod3030 Wed 22-May-13 19:38:44

the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet are bright yellow, and have been for more than 15 years. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?
I went to the dr about 7 years ago and he was very dismissive and said it was nothing to worry about. so really, it's vanity driving me.

I am very pale and usually not self conscious about it until summer when i want to do a bit of self tan. then it looks like ive not washed my hands properly when really, that's my natural colour!

anyone else experience this?

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Thu 23-May-13 08:12:38

I have a friend like that, she can't eat carrots or b-carotene product, or she get even more orange. Do you eat a lot of carrots? or taking vitamins (look for beta-carotene, provitamin A, sometime vitamin A)?
You can stop eating/taking them to see if it makes a difference.

pod3030 Thu 23-May-13 19:20:23

hi thanks for the answer- yes i am a strict vegetarian. i was once this colour all over, and now i avoid over indulging in carotene. it's never gone from my hands and feet though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now