Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone have experience of Optical Express laser eye surgery at Harley Street?

(3 Posts)
ProjectGainsborough Wed 22-May-13 17:07:10

Had always planned to have my eyes done at Moorfields when I'd saved up enough money, but went for the free consultation at Optical Express, just to see if suitable and they are offering me what I think is a good deal.

The surgeon would be Jonathon Carr at Harley Street and having checked out his background, it all looks good, but would appreciate personal experiences of other MNers if anyone has had theirs done there.

youaintallthat Thu 23-May-13 15:01:44

my hubby had his done at optical express but in manchester and it was great with really good follow up, for a year.
i know his eyes were pretty sore the day he had it done and he had to wear silly goggles for a couple of days. but by the day after the surgery he had no pain at all.
there's a risk is dry eyes afterwards but that's never affected hubby.
as for actual procedure it took about 10mins both eyes, he said it didn't hurt at all and he didn't see anything.
he does always say he is so glad he had it done. hope that helps.

ProjectGainsborough Thu 23-May-13 20:25:07

Thank you! So tempted but nervous...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now