Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore hard lump on fanjo ... any ideas?

(8 Posts)
MrsJamesMartin Tue 21-May-13 20:07:01

Felt a bit sore on wiping today, on looking with a mirror there is a pea sized painful lump at the bottom of the inner labia ( apologies for tmi!) Looks to be too high up to be Bartholin's cyst but is red and painful. Any ideas??

typoqueen Tue 21-May-13 20:18:04

could be a sebaceous cyst, which is a small blocked gland, they do not normally hurt unless they have become infected, it may be worth getting it checked out though x

bamboostalks Tue 21-May-13 20:18:37

Google Bartholins Cyst.

bamboostalks Tue 21-May-13 20:19:05

Sorry read the message too late. Duh.

nick500 Thu 23-May-13 02:39:56

I was in bath washing myself and i came across a pea size lump on lip off vagina im worried because its just come overnight

digerd Thu 23-May-13 07:21:00

Cysts appear overnight and are sore - cancerous tumours do not and are not.

I had one on the outer edge near vagina which was very sore, saw
Have it looked at to put your mind at female GP, who said it was not a malignant lump. It do go away, but still have a small hard lump there which doesn't hurt - so just the remnants of the cyst.

If it persists, advise to see GP, but am sure it will heal itself.

digerd Thu 23-May-13 07:22:42

oops
Bit jumbled up, but think can make sense of it.

MarshmallowRoot Thu 23-May-13 23:48:34

Cyst most likely. If it doesn't go away within a couple of weeks, best get it checked by GP x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now