Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding spot

(5 Posts)
Sallyingforth Mon 20-May-13 13:54:02

A friend just asked me to look at a spot that's on her back where she can't see it.
It looks like ordinary acne, definitely not a mole. But apparently it's a permanent feature - she's had it for years. Every few weeks, it comes to a head and bleeds, then dries up. But then it comes to a head again and repeats the process. The doctor told her it's just acne, but couldn't explain why it never heals. Has anyone ever experienced this?

tabbycat15 Tue 21-May-13 05:36:50

If it's not healing up then she should get it checked out again. See a different Dr just to check it's not a melanoma.

gingeroots Tue 21-May-13 08:48:45

I've got something similar on my upper arm .

It's like a little blood vessel close to the skin ,if I knock or scratch it it will bleed ,if it doesn't get knocked the skin gets thicker over it and it's ok for a while .

Sallyingforth Tue 21-May-13 09:43:45

Thanks for the advice. I have already told her to see another gp but she seems reluctant.

OrlaKiely Tue 21-May-13 10:00:56

It could be just a cyst - a sebaceous cyst or similar. They can fill up and then if you don't remove them, the little 'sac' just fills up again.

Bit like a blocked hair follicle or something.

<very technical>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now