Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Mirena Coil - did you bleed after removal??

(4 Posts)
zazas Tue 23-May-06 11:50:52

Anyone had this removed and experienced heavy bleeding straight away? Had mine removed last Thursday and have been bleeding ever since - quite heavy (clots) - thought it thinned out your womb linning (been in for 2 1/2 years and have had nearly no periods in that time) - so where is this blood coming from? Mystified and can't find any info on web!

2ndtime Tue 30-May-06 19:36:58

I removed my own coil after reading many awful things about them on the net. I had 2 in over past 7 years and never had any periods to speak of in that time. I removed it at Easter weekend this year. I didn't bleed at all initially but had a light period four weeks later. Now two weeks after that I am having a very heavy clotty bleed. Not like anything I,ve had before except after having babies. I suppose it just takes a while for the hormones etc to settle. Regardless of the bleeding Im so glad it's out and I feel 100% better health wise. No pains in my joints, no bad skin and I have lost 10lbs.

jellyjelly Wed 31-May-06 08:13:20

Have had very heavy periods since it has been removed i think i have 2 periods in one month. Wasnt clotty as far as i remember but it didnt start straight away after removal but a day or so later.

spook Wed 31-May-06 09:01:24

Hi zazas. Had mine out on Friday an have been bleeding since-but-this is my period time anyway from before Ihad it so not sure if that makes a difference. Quite light but clotty!! Nice.
Had no periods atall with coil in. I;m sure it's just ecerythng settling down again in your body. Don't worry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: