Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

BUPA won't cover Cost of Fine Needle Aspiration

(5 Posts)
Theonlyoneiknow Sun 19-May-13 22:50:39

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had this procedure through BUPA? I was shocked to get à bill for over £500 as they have only paid the £91 surgeon fée and not the ultrasound required to guide the needle into place, nor the pathology of the breast lump? I complained but they have said that is their final word on the matter! Mwahhh

Thanks
TOWIK

sashh Mon 20-May-13 06:53:55

Contact the hospital.

The one I worked at would write of the things not covered by BUPA because they are such a huge customer.

Iamaslummymummy Mon 20-May-13 07:04:27

Is there still another payment to be made? My surgeons fees and hospital fees were charged and paid separately

MrsBeep Mon 20-May-13 07:14:07

Does your policy include cover for diagnostic tests (i.e. pathology/blooded, ultrasound etc)? Just wondered as there are some policies that don't cover tests, but do cover the procedure/surgeon cost.

It might be worth having another chat with BUPA.

Theonlyoneiknow Tue 21-May-13 18:54:10

Thanks guys. They are saying that it has to come out of my outpatients limit but i know its classed as à minor surgical procedure (their définition,something thatbreaks the skin, so I said like a needle and they said Yes!) But still refusing.

Have spoken to hospital who will check invoice wording but bupa have said case is closed. Will persévère though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now