Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pupils keep dilating. Vision 'funny'. Strange sensation in eyes ... Drink helps!

(4 Posts)
kizzie Sun 19-May-13 15:44:32

As in water - not Gin !

This has happened a few times now.

Comes on all of a sudden. Have strange sensation behind eyes. Pupils getting bigger then smaller then bigger again. Vision feels a bit 'detached' from everything. My sister was with me yesterday when it happened yesterday and she said the change in my pupils was really obvious and they looked a bit 'odd'.

Have had eyes tested and apart from bit long sighted all fine.

Last time had routine BP test was little bit high but nothing major. Not overweight. Don't really drink etc

It does seem to be while I'm walking and seems to improve if I have a glass of water and sit down for a while.

Anyone anything similar?

kizzie Sun 19-May-13 19:49:51

Bump

orangeflutie Mon 20-May-13 21:10:16

Does sound unusual. I'm probably wrong but could it be a migraine aura? My DH gets the aura without the headache. When you look at a sign for example do some of the letters disappear? I've only ever had two auras before and that's how I would best describe it.

barleysugar Mon 20-May-13 21:14:13

Is it both eyes or just one? There is a phenomenon called hippus which is a spasmodic contraction of the ciliary/iris muscle which can make the pupil change size.
Pupils also get smaller when you focus on something, and if you are longsighted you have to work hard to focus on things close to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now