Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cervical polyps

(10 Posts)
cocolepew Fri 17-May-13 19:29:20

Has anyone any experience of these? I posted about bleeding even though I have had a hysterectomy and Auntiestella suggested it could be this.

I fell like I am having a period, really sore and crampy and a dragging feeling through to my legs.

I have been bleeding a bit heavier the last few days, (it isn't very much). It has been muscousy but now is bright red blood, no mucous.

cocolepew Fri 17-May-13 23:08:52

BelaLug0si Fri 17-May-13 23:57:42

Was it a sub-total hysterectomy? What was the reason for the hysterectomy?

Jacksmania Sat 18-May-13 00:06:40

If you've had a sub-total hysterectomy, where they've left your cervix behind, you could have a polyp. Best get to the Dr's and let someone have a look, they're easy to see if they're present. I had one removed in January. Mine, however, was completely asymptomatic - it was huge, but I had no idea it was there. Removal was only tiny bit uncomfortable - honest, I am very wimpy!

cocolepew Sat 18-May-13 09:34:33

I had my ovaries and, womb removed, due to adendomyosis, pcos and endo.

I'm trying to get an apppointment with my dr. Finding a unicorn would probably be easier.

I'm on hrt and eostrogen is a cause of polyps so I'm hoping its just that.

Unfortunately the crampy feeling is getting worse. I'm hoping its not a prolapse, I'm sick of being poked!

cocolepew Sat 18-May-13 09:35:19

Jacks did your dr remove it or did you have to go to a clinic?

BelaLug0si Sat 18-May-13 10:04:13

Best see doctor - or a unicorn! I'm assuming the HRT is tibolone, as you had endo? Is there an outside chance its endometriosis in the cervix, as it can be present there, though the HRT should keep it damped down.

cocolepew Sat 18-May-13 11:34:43

I'm on Evorel 50 hrt patches.
Thanks for replying everyone, I'll annoy the drs for an appointment on monday smile

Jacksmania Sun 19-May-13 03:48:35

Coco, my GP referred me back to the gynae surgeon who did one of my repairs. It literally took 30 seconds. Just felt like tugging and just when I was about to give a little "that's enough!!" squeak, it was done. smile

cocolepew Sun 19-May-13 10:18:30

Great thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now