Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chest X Ray help please

(7 Posts)
NoelHeadbands Fri 17-May-13 17:01:49

Hi

Does anyone know of a non-urgent reason why chest x ray results wouldn't come back clear at all?

I rang my drs surgery for the results this afternoon and was told that the dr would give me a ring to discuss- but that it wouldn't be today because she's not in.

I've had a cough for about 5 weeks now, with chest/rib pain for the last 2 weeks. One course of amoxicillin didn't clear it, so I'm on klaricid at the moment.

I'm not panicking because if it was anything sinister or urgent I'd have heard sooner, but just curious and impatient to know really!

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas thanks

Saddayinspring2 Fri 17-May-13 19:34:15

Maybe just some shadowing from an infection .If so they will repeat it in six weeks to check it has cleared.

NoelHeadbands Fri 17-May-13 19:42:44

Ahh thank you Sadday thanks that makes sense. I've never had a chest infection before so it's all delightfully new grin

FoodieToo Fri 17-May-13 20:59:04

Or perhaps some fluid in your lung,again requiring a follow up to ensure it has re absorbed in a few weeks.

NoelHeadbands Fri 17-May-13 21:09:27

Thanks also Foodie thanks

digerd Sat 18-May-13 07:55:00

What Sadday said. happened to me too. GP said after 6 weeks another X-ray, and all was clear. Didn't even have ABs though, my own body fought it off, but wasn't a really bad cough. I'd had the flu and that often results in a chest infection.

I have had in the past, weeks of hacking coughing and hurt the rib muscles so much it was agony to cough, especially at night.

Hope you soon recover on the new ABs

NoelHeadbands Sat 18-May-13 08:33:14

thanks thanks digerd for that, I tend to think the same about the rib pain- I think I've pulled a muscle or something. Especially because the crackles the dr could hear were mainly at the ^other* side.

Fingers crossed that that's what it all is x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now