Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

does this sound like side effects of Cerazette?

(8 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Fri 17-May-13 09:07:19

I have been taking the mini pill (Cerazette) for about 2 weeks and have noticed some strange things. Yesterday I bled very slightly, which I am told is normal, but I also feel pretty knackered and moody and I have this weird feeling of hypersensitive patches of skin, almost as if I have been sun burned in very specific places but there is no rash! Also I just feel generally run down and achey, even though I shouldn't be! Has anyone had anything similar to this before? I wasn't over keen on going on the pill again (used to take microgynon) but we really don't want another baby just yet and we don't get on with condoms :/

OhWhatAPalaver Sat 18-May-13 08:03:28

Bump... anyone?

tabbycat15 Sat 18-May-13 15:47:20

I've not taken that pill but I've heard it can cause bleeding. Not sure about the sun burnt skun feeling but it could be all linked.

PipkinsPal Sat 18-May-13 15:49:36

I was on Cerazette for a few years. No side effects and no periods either. Have you read the leaflet or been in touch with a Pharmacist?

notcitrus Sat 18-May-13 16:01:28

Ask a pharmacist. I was fine the first time I took Cerazette, but the second time I suddenly got the worst depression I've even had - which disappeared within 48 hours of stopping it. My skin was a bit sensitive.

You could try a coil instead? I love mine.

everynameistaken Sat 18-May-13 21:32:16

I love cerazette. Had to endure a few months of intermitten bleeding and a constant feeling of being pregnant. But now its all settled down i love it. I'd say give it a bit longer and see how you feel.

MrsPoglesWood Sat 18-May-13 21:45:02

I also went from Microgynon to Cerazette but didn't have those symptoms. I spotted for the first couple of months when my periods were due which freaked me out a bit as I always had periods on Microgynon - and I ended up buying pregnancy tests - but since then (almost 18 months now) I have no spotting, bleeding or pre-menstrual symptoms - which included migraines and very sore boobs - at all.

Definitely give it a bit longer. Two weeks isn't long for your body to get used to new medication.

3MonthMaid Sat 18-May-13 21:50:54

I had a night made on cerazette. Pretty much every symptom under the sun. Felt bloody awful. Headaches, painful boobs, bleeding constantly and heavily.

Not sure about the skin, but don't put anything past cerazette. Evil stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now