Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Is there a stomach bug going round at the moment?

(8 Posts)
Pennies Sun 21-May-06 21:13:39

Or have me and my mate been food poisoned?

Gloworm Sun 21-May-06 21:21:45

I posted this on a thread earlier. There is a tummu bug going around here at the moment, in donegal. From all my time on mumsnet though I have come to the conclusion that the same flus/bugs/colds seem to hit both countries at the same time.
my mum had it on thursday, i had it on sat, dad has it today.
We own a health shop and have heard of quite a few people with it.

the good news is it seems to be a 24-hour bug. best advise is to fast for 24 hour, nothing to eat or drink except water.
esp no sugar, you will only feed the bug.

of course you may have food poisoning...have you ate anything suspect today?

Pennies Sun 21-May-06 21:25:42

We went out to a retaurant last night. She was puking most of last night and this evening i've got a bit of a dodgy gut (sorry if TMI!).

Am wondering if it was something we ate (we had the same thing) or - because we've had different reactions - if it's a bug. Neiter of us feel realy ill just guts are in bits!!

Gloworm Sun 21-May-06 21:28:03

it it was food poisioning would you both not be sick at the same time?

Pennies Sun 21-May-06 21:29:52

WEll that's what I thought but she's not too well herself so I thought she might have had a more profound and immediate reaction as a result of that.

Gloworm Sun 21-May-06 21:31:22

the current bug seems to leave you feeling rotten, want to stay in bed, maybe feel nausious(sp?), diarrohea, tired.
at the same time, you dont feel seriously ill, you just want to stay in bed though

hulababy Mon 22-May-06 13:02:16

I wondered this. Yesterday I didn't get up until 6pm. I tried before but never manged it. I had S&D all day. I had horrid pains in my tummy. I finally got up in the evening for a couple of hours and managed 2 slices of toast and some water. Today I am shattered despite sleeping on and off yesterday, and then for about 11 hours last night. I had some tea and toast this morning but it gave me pains again. I feel very sick, but haven't been. Still got a bit of a dodgy tummy. Trying to decide whether I should try something to eat again now.

Have to admit to leaving DD to own devices so far most of day. Can't face doing anything. Hope I am feeling better tomorrow. Cannot have ddgy tummy at my work environment. I have to unlock and lock at least 5 doors just to get to the toilet!

hulababy Mon 22-May-06 13:03:21

Glowrom - mine sounds much as you ddescribe in last post.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: