Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cough that will not go away!!

(4 Posts)
Notcontent Tue 14-May-13 21:16:02

I started coughing about 4 weeks ago and am staring to get worried...
I started coughing up yellow mucus and now it's clear (sorry, TMI) so I think I am getting better, but still coughing...
Assume it's just viral bronchitis that's taking a while to clear.
Anyone had similar?
I am a healthy, non-smoking 40 year old so assume it's not lung cancer!!!

zipzap Tue 14-May-13 21:59:52

No help sorry - came on here looking for advice too. Always have a permanent cough that I can't shift. Sometimes it's much worse. Never been able to get rid of it properly unfortunately.

When I was 21 a doc sent me for a lung xray which came back asking if I'd been exposed to tb as they could see something but it wasn't tb. Turned out that the doc was a groper so I switched to a different surgery. Occasionally ask if I'm at a doc for something else and its particularly bad (as an ongoing cough as opposed to when ive got a different cough that is making me ill) but nobody ever thinks it is worth worrying about, despite the fact it is annoying.

So hopefully you'll be given some useful help -- that I can learn from too-- !

Hope you're feeling better soon.

happyherdwick Tue 14-May-13 22:16:28

Hi Not! My whole family had similar about 2 months ago-it was difficult to breathe and the cough went on and on.We were just starting to give up hope at about the 5 week mark, when it slowly started to go.Lots of our friends had similar and it just seemed to be a very long lived virus.Also not a smoker but it is really only in the last week I have felt properly better...was also very tired for the duration-it would get to 4pm and I would feel ready for bed! Hope you feel much better very soon!

Notcontent Tue 14-May-13 22:31:24

Zipzap - maybe try to see a different doctor?
Thanks happy! That's very reassuring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now