Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

scary morning.

(11 Posts)
misdee Sun 21-May-06 20:35:52

dd3 has learnt to climb. its all great fun. this morning i was sitting on the floor talking to dd2, whilst i saw dd3 clamber on the sofa. i kept one eye on her whilst chatting to dd2. i see dd3 fall backwards so try to stop her, dont get there in time and she lands on a wooden bead runner cube thing. she crys staright away and she seems fine. then blood started pouring from her hairline. I check and i can see a gaping hole, so grabbing her i dial 999 (on my own, can drive and tend to a head wound. I stem the flow with a clean cloth whilst we wait. dd2 is screaming 'its not my fault, its not my fault' so i am trying to calm 2 little girls down. i phone sparklygothcat to collect dd2, who seems to get herself together to get her raincoat and wellies on, whilst i go to the hospital with dd3.

when there dd3 is seen to quickly, she doesnt cry a single bit when they are cleaning the wound or anything. there was a bit of comcern over a bit of her hair which was in the hole, we werent too sure where it was coming from, or if it had been 'forced' inside the cut when she fell. But after a bit of gentle cleaning, the hair is found to be outside the cut. i did give them permission to cut her hair if needed, but wasnt nesscessary. She was superglued back together, and home within 2hours of it happening.

the toy went into the bin.

Now imagine all that with Peter home, not gonna work is it?

PanicPants Sun 21-May-06 20:39:15

Oh misdee. Is she ok now? What a scare for you.

It will work, you'll make it work. Keep positve.

[[[hugs]]]

expatinscotland Sun 21-May-06 20:41:23

oh, misdee! how is she now? is she sleeping okay?

poor soul. i'll bet your heart is still in your throat.

hope she's getting on well.

misdee Sun 21-May-06 20:43:27

i have never seen so much blood in my life. her har is covered in blood above her left eye andi cant wash it for 5-7 days because of the glue.

expatinscotland Sun 21-May-06 20:45:17

how frightening. poor you! how are your other dd's? has sparkly got 'em? hope they're doing okay, too. it can be really frightening, those head wounds.

SoupDragon Sun 21-May-06 20:47:21

Oh poor thing!! Hope she's OK now.

And yes - head wounds bleed and keep on bleeding don't they?? DS2 split his head open at school a few weeks ago and the first aider had blood running down her arms apparently. (all healed really well - very impressed with the glue)

misdee Sun 21-May-06 20:48:51

we are all home now. dd1 was at grandmas, i collected dd2 after we got back from the hospital. i am fortunate to have family in the same town. dd3 slept soon after, but it was her nap time then anyway, and she seems fine now. the cut is about an inch long now its glued. i gave her some calpol earlier as she was a tad grumpy.

misdee Sun 21-May-06 20:51:22

we are new to glue. usually the kids get steristrips. dd1 has had 2 or 3 nasty head wounds, dd2 surprisingly hasnt had any considering she is my clumsy one. this is dd3 first one. and no doubt there will be more to come.

expatinscotland Sun 21-May-06 20:51:27

aw, poor lamb!

misdee Sun 21-May-06 20:58:15

i really get paniky over head wounds tho, am also a bit of a wuss when it comes to blood.

expatinscotland Sun 21-May-06 21:01:37

Head wounds aren't nice at all!

My ex-DH slipped on some ice going into work and fractured his skull/cut his head on some brickwork that had been laid into a sharp point.

He'd be taken to hospital by ambulance b/c he'd lost consciousness (he actually wound up 3 days in ICU and a further week in hospital [bhock]), but I went round to get his car and you'd have thought someone died there!

The hospital tried to give me the clothes he was wearing when he came in but I asked them to please incenerate them. There was no saving 'em.

It is very scary indeed.

Glad she's taken care of and on the mend.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: