Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

1ST TOOTH FALLEN OUT

(13 Posts)
TRIOMUM Sun 21-May-06 20:19:56

My 5 yr old ds tooth has just fallen out. He is "over the moon" and can't wait for the Tooth Fairy. DH and I have done the photgraphs, phone calls, text messages to all and sundrie, although I am quite sad as it's the start of a new grown-up era, and the end of the young child years. Did anyone else feel this way.

TRIOMUM Sun 21-May-06 20:35:30

Bump

PanicPants Sun 21-May-06 20:42:10

ahh don't know as ds is only 9months. but I can imagine how you feel.

This will bump it for you.

SoupDragon Sun 21-May-06 20:43:27

Blimey no. I just felt sick as I don't do teeth Luckily DS1 accidentally swallowed itso I didn't have to deal with it!

littlerach Sun 21-May-06 20:46:37

With you there, soupdragon.

IT'S THE WAY THEY TWIST THEM ROUND AND ROUND, AND THEY HANG ON BY A THREAD.

OOps!

pooka Sun 21-May-06 20:48:11

Oooh - I remember having wobbly teeth. Was brilliant flicking them around. Wouldn't have the same sense of excitement if it happened now (mental note to book check-up at dentist).

Wallace Sun 21-May-06 20:50:15

I felt just like you triomum Especially as ds is almost seven and just lost his first tooth last week, he was the last in his class, so he (and me!) were so excited.

We were lucky it was school photo day the very next day!

TRIOMUM Sun 21-May-06 20:52:12

I was really dreading the tooth falling out in front of me as I felt sick when ds1 showed me it wobbling. Was really glad he pulled it out himself, when in his bed.
I think I am still haunted by my father threatening to tie a piece of string around my tooth and the other end around a door handle and slam the door, thus pulling out the tooth (he was only joking though).
My ds is so proud of himself he keeps shouting through "mummy isn't this a great day" He's even brushed the tooth with his toothbrush BLESS

TRIOMUM Sun 21-May-06 20:54:03

Wallace, I was slightly worried that ds1 was very young he was 5 in February. He actually has lovely white teeth, eats loads of apples (although not recently due to wobbly tooth, had to have them cut up) and cleans his teeth religiously. Who knows!!!!

LIZS Sun 21-May-06 20:57:09

With ds'first tooth we were on holiday and it came out in the bed overnight so had a panic looking for it as we were packing ! It was a bit sad with the first but we're currently awaiting no 3(top) to come out and it is hanging on at a really jaunty angle for what seems like eternity!

HappyMumof2 Sun 21-May-06 20:58:52

Message withdrawn

TRIOMUM Sun 21-May-06 20:59:34

Yuk you poor soul - Are you still emotionally scarred

HappyMumof2 Sun 21-May-06 21:05:41

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: