Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Threadworm

(3 Posts)
Rosie92 Tue 14-May-13 12:33:31

My 3 Year Old Has Threadworms. Am a Worrier Of a Mother As It Is. I've Gave My Son Ovex Syrup, But He's Still Rather Upset and Its Really Bothering Him. It's Been 3 Days Since I Gave Him The Medicine. I Don't Know What To Do For Him To Help? Do I Take Him Hospital or? xx

JeanPaget Tue 14-May-13 12:38:42

Em no you really don't need to take him to hospital confused

You've given him the ovex, just make sure you've changed all his sheets and washed his clothes. Get him to wear tight fitting underwear to bed and make sure he washes his hands regularly, especially when he gets up in the morning.

You may need to re-treat in 2 weeks as you may not have killed all the worms depending on what stage in their life cycle they were at, but there's really nothing else you need to do until then as long as your keeping on top of hygiene.

Rosie92 Tue 14-May-13 12:42:43

He Only Started With Them Saturday and I Got The Medicine in Him on The Sunday Evening. I've Put a Wee Bit Of Sudocream On Him Bum To Stop It Being Sore. He Just Looks So Upset and Distressed With It. I Know It's A Common Thing Just Feel So Dirty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now