Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I'm not an alcoholic, but. . .

(2 Posts)
Jezabelle Mon 13-May-13 21:40:43

When I drink, I just don't seem to have an off button. It's not that I need to drink every day, (can go all week without) and can sometimes have a glass or two in the evening, but when I have too many, I just can't seem to stop. This often leads to me making a bit of a tit of myself and feeling embarrassed the day after a night out.

I was diagnosed with depression recently and am on AD. They are great and have really sorted me out, but I do notice after a heavy weekend I feel low. I am disappointed in myself and get anxious about how this binge drinking may effect my long term health. My mum died of cancer. I know a lot of people won't understand and just tell me to stop but I don't want to stop drinking altogether, just want to cut down and be more sensible about it. Any advice?

Showtime Tue 14-May-13 00:45:01

Most people have problems stopping after having one too many, booze is like that, but as alcohol is a depressant, best to give it up altogether until you're feeling better and more yourself. Sorry to hear about your mum, it's not surprising that you're feeling depressed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now