Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what is wrong with me im confused

(17 Posts)
samandkat Mon 13-May-13 18:33:52

Lately i have been experiencing hot flushes cold sweats im constantly hungry and never feel full im always tired and find it hard to concentrate with all this going on also ttc if anyone knows what is wrong with me i will be most thankful

Ilikethebreeze Mon 13-May-13 18:39:39

With that long list, you definitely need to see a gp.

samandkat Mon 13-May-13 18:46:19

I have a gp appointment next week but i cant wait till then so thats why i posted on here first

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 18:46:21

Thyroid springs to mind. Are you putting weight on?

samandkat Mon 13-May-13 18:48:16

No not really i keep gaining a pound or two then with out doing any thing it comes off again also i forgot to mention im 24

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 18:56:08

Mmm. Because underactive thyroid can cause weight gain. Assume you aren't on any other medication? Or already pregnant?

samandkat Mon 13-May-13 19:21:26

Im on sertaline for depression. Im unsure of pregnancy due to short light period which is abnormal for me took test but negative unsure what to do

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 19:51:46

I think then you will have to wait for the appointment. I would imagine the GP requesting a blood count etc. It's hard waiting but try not to think all sorts. x

samandkat Mon 13-May-13 19:54:25

Thanks sparklingbrook your advice is brilliant and helped me a lot at trying to figure out whats wrong xx

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 19:55:56

Hopefully all will be well, and good luck with TTC too. smile

samandkat Mon 13-May-13 20:15:43

Thanks i will up date this thread after my appointment with gp next week

Hatescolds Mon 13-May-13 20:38:27

would make me think more of an over active thyroid really

justkeeponsmiling Mon 13-May-13 21:31:07

This sounds like the classic signs of an overactive thyroid gland.
GP will be able to diagnose this with some blood tests.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Sparklingbrook Mon 13-May-13 21:33:50

Got my under and overactive mixed up then. smile

digerd Tue 14-May-13 19:32:49

I lost weight when I had an over-active Thyroid Gland in my early 20s, but wasn't diagnosed until I was 25. I was ravenously hungry and never stopped eating, which I was told saved my life. I did have many other nasty symptoms though.

WouldBeHarrietVane Tue 14-May-13 19:34:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

samandkat Fri 24-May-13 20:42:04

Been to doctors today they said that i should have a blood test and take some tablets for indegeastion (unsure of spelling lol) but no mention of thyroid or pregnancy so im still stood here confused lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now