Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

this could beTMI sorry

(13 Posts)
busygirl Sat 11-May-13 14:17:22

i had ababy about 10 weeks ago.well,since a couple of weeks i've had very heavy discharge.so much that i have to wear a sanitary pad,and sometime itsnot enough...not sure if i should mention it to the gp,postnatal app is in a couple of weeks.
does anyone have a clue on what couldbe causing this?never been like that before.this isn't my first baby btw.and there's no blood just discharge

Forgetfulmog Sat 11-May-13 14:21:19

Are you bf? If not, could it be your periods starting?? Sorry no idea really. Are you still seeing your HV, maybe you could ask her?

busygirl Sat 11-May-13 14:27:01

baby is ebf.its def no period.im at a loss...

Forgetfulmog Sat 11-May-13 14:29:23

Have you had a 6 wk check? I wouldn't wait for another 2 weeks tbh. Have no idea what could be causing the discharge but if its that heavy I would get it checked out ASAP.

Sorry I don't want to alarm you

FannyFifer Sat 11-May-13 14:34:18

Maybe you have an infection, think you should make GP appointment.

JuliaScurr Sat 11-May-13 14:36:28

I got my periods back straight away. Breastfed.
Sorry smile

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Sat 11-May-13 14:39:42

I got my period after a couple of weeks too. Also bf.

busygirl Sat 11-May-13 15:18:23

In 2 weeks time that's what is supposed to be my 6 weeks check,haha.an infection would have some symptom surely??<Scaring myself now>

busygirl Sat 11-May-13 15:21:53

Petty sure I know a period when I see it grin plus it took a while to come back after the other DCs.

bella65 Sat 11-May-13 15:23:35

well you HAVE symptoms- a discharge!

Is this not just the tail end of the lochia that everyone has after giving birth? It can change from bloody to other colours as it starts to stop.

Definitely see your dr and maybe bring your appt forward.

busygirl Sat 11-May-13 15:26:24

The lochia stopped about 5 weeks ago.hmm,I'll see if there's an app available earlier but doubt it.def not normal then confused

bella65 Sat 11-May-13 17:02:02

You might not want to reply to this but the way you tell if a discharge is normal is-
it has no unpleasant smell
it is not coloured
it does not cause itching,burning or soreness
it might necessitate wearing a panty liner but not a pad.

Did you or have you used tampons yet? They could cause infection.

busygirl Sat 11-May-13 17:04:55

Haven't used tampons in years
Lightly colored requires a pad but its not constant iukwim,more in gushed (that's so imbarassing...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now