Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vomiting

(8 Posts)
Hugsandkisses Fri 10-May-13 21:18:25

My Husband woke up this morning feeling crap, feverish, aches all over body, weak, temp 38.8, he has been vomiting and can't keep anything down, he's been in bed all day ( not like him).
He never ate anything different last night, in fact he was fine when we went to bed, does it sound like a stomach bug? he hasn't really got diarrehea as such.

LaGuardia Fri 10-May-13 21:32:12

Yep. Norovirus. He will be ok in about 24 hrs.

Hugsandkisses Fri 10-May-13 21:34:19

Thanks LaGuardia I've been trying to tell him that's all it might be, but you know men when they get ill smile.

Elibean Fri 10-May-13 22:59:08

I had it on Tuesday. Horrid, and the aches were bad - temp didn't go down with paracetamol and I resorted to Nurofen Plus in the end, which helped.

Hope he's better tomorrow - he may or may not get diarrhoea in next day or so, and might take a few days to feel well properly again, but usually the sickness and fever is a 24 hour thing.

Elibean Fri 10-May-13 22:59:39

Very catching, by the way - dh had a milder version (but try telling him that hmm) and dds, who don't share our bathroom, didn't.

Hugsandkisses Sat 11-May-13 16:41:41

Thanks ladies. He has stopped vomiting, but has had diarreah today, he's very weak, headache and bowel feels in bits. I suppose it sucks the energy out of you.

sleepingsatellite Sat 11-May-13 16:46:57

Get some Milton fluid in if you can, kills the bug (so it says on back of bottle!)

Hugsandkisses Sat 11-May-13 16:49:24

I will try and get some if I can, I've been using Dettol everywhere, just want him to get better now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now