Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Nettle type itchy rash on DS's heels and ankles?????

(10 Posts)
wheretogo Sat 20-May-06 19:49:46

DS (3) has developed and itchy rash over heel and ankle area this evening which looks like nettle stings.. though has not been stung by nettles. Any ideas? PLEASE.......

Gloworm Sat 20-May-06 19:51:56

a louse or flea in his sock?

spinach Sat 20-May-06 19:52:16

i get this, only in hot weather, sweaty shoes or rubbing shoes cause it.... i put germolene on it, stops the itching. it comes up like little blisters

Gloworm Sat 20-May-06 19:52:54

do you have any aloe vera gel? it will help reduce the rash very quickly.

spinach Sat 20-May-06 19:53:18

can get rashes from all sorts of plants... been out for a walk today?

wheretogo Sat 20-May-06 19:53:53

ewe yuk!!!!! we are staying at my mum's who has a dog... time to give her an earbashing????
Hope that is all it is though

wheretogo Sat 20-May-06 19:56:15

Ahhh just got rest of messages... been out walking on beach today, he had new wellies on.. when took them off his feet were v.sweaty.. was about 4 hours ago though.
Thanks

chapsmum Sat 20-May-06 19:56:37

it is not uncommon for children to get a rach like this with a virus.
It is called urticharia. You can give him piriton or medised to help it.
Is he otherwise well.
The only other thing it could possibly be is glove and sock sydrome link
Would see if the antihistamine gets rid of it, you could apply a thin layer of antihistamine cream. if this gets rid of it I would not panick.
Dont be surprised if it comes back in the morning or when he is hot.

chapsmum Sat 20-May-06 19:57:27

careful its not an allergy to the wellies....?latex?

wheretogo Sat 20-May-06 20:08:23

Not sure what they made of.. got them from GAP. He's settled down now hopefully be gone in the morning

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: