Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Invisalign- anyone got or had it?

(5 Posts)
bella65 Fri 10-May-13 17:17:40

Also posted in S&B.

Going for a 2nd consultation with 2nd orthodontist soon and want the low down.

What does it feel like?

I can't bear the idea of paying £3K and finding I hate the feel of the trays. Do they feel weird or do you get used to them? And can you stagger upper and lower jaw treatment so you only have 1 tray at a time? My lower jaw is not too bad at all but was quoted 18-24 months for moderate over crowding of upper jaw.

Karoleann Fri 10-May-13 21:59:12

I tried it, upper and lower a couple of years ago and just couldn't get used to it at all, I could hardly speak with it in after a couple of weeks.
It was also really annoying as you have to take it out every time you eat or drink something dark - red wine, coffee, Ribena etc.
you also have to have little attachments bonded onto your teeth and it was really difficult to remove and insert.

I wouldn't recommend it at all. Not a good spend.

PoppyWearer Fri 10-May-13 22:04:32

I did it before I had DCs, maybe 5-6 years ago. No way I could afford it now.

It was good, my teeth do look better for it and I'm glad I did it.

But I had to have a lot of teeth filed to make room, which was very grim. And yes the liners are a bit odd. I tended to grind through the retainers quite often.

I was forced to give up when pregnant with DC1 as they made me gag with morning sickness, and I now have a retainer wire behind my top teeth.

Whilst I am glad I did it, if I could do it again I think I would go for train tracks and a shorter/cheaper treatment.

RichTeaAreCrap Sat 11-May-13 12:29:40

My DP has just finished his. Of course you have to be committed to it, and it can be a little inconvenient at times but so worth it. He soon got used to it and never complains about the trays in his mouth.

It's a much better option that having the train track braces in your mouth and is also more discrete.

The thing I must tell you though is that the results have been absolutely amazing. To look at his before and after moulds you would never believe it would be possible. He has gone from having crooked, twisted and uneven teeth to an absolute perfect smile. I can't recommend enough, it really works.

I don't work for them.....I am just so chuffed with his results.

bella65 Sat 11-May-13 15:20:56

Thanks everyone. I just wish there was the option of a 'dummy tray' so I could have some idea of what might be in my mouth for up to 2 years!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now