Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bad cycling accident on bank holiday Monday - what to do now?

(7 Posts)
pamelat Wed 08-May-13 10:09:28

hello

I fell badly from a new bike on bank holiday Monday

I was out cols for 6 minutes and remember nothing of the accident before or for about 45 mins after

My DH called an ambulance

I was sick but ct scans and xrays all clear

I'm now off work but apart from the stiffness and aches am ok ish

My arm and face are a mess with grazes, my face is all dry. My arm is drying.

I need to do some exercise or movement as I'm seizing up and tomorrow wil have sole care of my two pre schoolers.

So, what's safe to so to get moving?

I've thought about swimming but is this going to sting my arm?

It's about the only thing that I feel that I cam do

My hands hurt a lot so can't put pressure on so no yoga etc?

I would just rest but am truely stiffening in to place and feel something gentle might help me, or will it not?

LIZS Wed 08-May-13 10:11:03

Gentle walk ?

pamelat Wed 08-May-13 10:13:47

Possibly but it's my upper body that is sore and immobile, will it help that?

timetosmile Wed 08-May-13 10:16:57

Your DH/parent/caring other person needs to come over or take the rest of the week off and mind the DCs.
If you are not well enough to 'go to work' then you are not well enough to 'stay at home to work' either, yet.
You were knocked out and obviously concerned the medics enough to order a CT, which is not done lightly.
I know you are a mum and our instict is to gulp down a couple of paracetamols and get on with stuff, but your main priority now is convalescence.
Call for help and please take it easy x

timetosmile Wed 08-May-13 10:18:01

Sorry, that sounded v bossy blush

But doing too much, too soon isn't going to help in the long run, and please make sure your own needs are being met.

beautifulgirls Wed 08-May-13 11:32:41

I agree with time - please get some help with looking after the kids. Putting this another way, if there was an emergency with them how would you manage?

pamelat Wed 08-May-13 11:37:35

Not bossy at all

I think I was being over Ambutious as trying to get dressed made me cry with pain

Another day of rest ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now