Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Aching boobs!

(3 Posts)
twinklingfairy Tue 07-May-13 23:47:12

Every month my boobs ache the week or so before my period is due.
It has only been since I had my second child (and stopped BF) so about a year and a half now.
It is so sore!
I squeal if DS leans on me sometimes even hugs are sore.

It feels the same as when my boobs were full of milk and I needed my baby to give me some release. Only there is no milk, just aching boobs.

I am not on any birth control because it didn't agree with me, giving me crazy mood swings that my DH could identify and, in hindsight, I could too but at the time I felt it was completely normal to flip out and for him to just accept it hmm
He is working away though and I do Not want to put my children through all that as my body settles into a new drug.
Honestly, I know it sounds like DH could tell me anything and that hormones are normal but mine weren't and he seems to notice and put two and two together where I just see a thousand problems!
So, birth control is not the answer for me, without his support.

Does anyone know of anything else I can try because it is so hard to not cuddle my boy too tight or to take my bra off at night and feel like I have released two really heavy rocks inside the skin of my boobs, leaving me fearful to move, by bed time.

cathan Wed 08-May-13 16:48:14

I also suffer this way and find that taking Evening Primrose oil regularly helps reduce the symptoms a bit. Takes a while to work though - at least a couple of months. In the meantime, you could take a low dose of ibuprofen which may help the soreness. Hope this helps.

impty Wed 08-May-13 16:50:04

oh me too! and for about 5 days could give Katie Price a run for her money!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now