Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can you give advice on how to get back on my feet?

(4 Posts)
Picoo Tue 07-May-13 11:52:17

Had an ok pregnancy but difficult birth - emergency section, blood transfusion, infection in the incision, infection in my veins from IV antibiotics for incision infection! Had an awful, awful time breastfeeding and had to give up (which I'm still sad about).

My DS has finally settled and sleeps quite well. I was really knocked for six with the sleepless nights but am getting more sleep now. Thing is I still feel utterly shattered - mentally and physically (and maybe even emotionally) . I was always healthy, positive, fun and full of energy but now I'm tired all the time, sluggish, feel fat, frumpy, down a lot and generally horrible. I want to get my energy and enthusiasm back but seven months after the birth I still feel nearly as bad as day one! Please help!!

rainbowfeet Tue 07-May-13 12:02:39

I felt quite similar to this around Christmas time when my ds was 10 months. I too had a cs but luckily a fast smooth recovery physically, emotionally however was a different thing!! His Dad wants nothing to do with him & I found the rejection very hard, got very down & comfort ate my way to a 2 stone weight gain!! hmm

I took the bull by the horns & joined Slimming world, to date I've lost a stone & a half! grin I had a hair cut & colour & started walking everywhere, I feel fitter, healthier & happier!!

Small steps, I make time to do the things I like doing just for me!! Face packs, nail painting, long soaks in the bath, I now feel more like the pre-baby me!!! grin Good luck x

Queenofknickers Tue 07-May-13 12:39:00

Sorry to hear you feel so rotten. All of what you've been through really depletes the body's stores of vits and minerals so maybe try a tonic like Metatone or Floravital for a bit? Also ask GP for some blood tests for thyroid etc plus any other deficiencies. It also sounds like a bit of TLC and "a good listening to" might help thanks

peachypips Tue 07-May-13 12:56:01

Do you have some nice friends to chat to in RL?
Ur DC is still very young, so don't beat yourself up about not feeling great yet. Kids are very demanding and it can take ages to adjust. My youngest is 2y 7m and I am just starting to feel normal again: slimmer, fitter, happier, more in control and motivated. Be kind to yourself and don't put loads of pressure on.
Things that helped me after DS1:
- Go out once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
- Have a plan for the week so you have things to look forward to.
- Go to toddler groups (nice, non-bitchy ones- try a church).
- Try and do a long buggy walk two or three times a week.
- Eat nice food that isn't fattening- lovely salads with olives, mozzarella, avo etc.
- Tske the supplements mentioned above.
- Get some time every week on your own if you can.

Hope this helps...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now