Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Has anyone ever had this? <<Bit weird>>

(40 Posts)
GreenyTheBison Fri 19-May-06 16:01:20

Was going to change my name but I feel it's only fair I should feel like a banana for asking something like this

My youngest child is 20 months old, so I should be well over the pregnancy physiologically. However I've noticed over the last few months that I seem to be having what feel like little Braxton Hicks - I can feel my uterus contracting until it's hard and then relaxing again - identical to Braxton Hicks, but I can obviously feel that the uterus is about the size of a large orange - it feels rather silly actually. Does anyone know anything about this? I've never heard of it. It isn't painful but it is quite uncomfortable.

bramblina Fri 19-May-06 16:03:23

TBH it sounds like you're pg! Or perhaps you have a cyst?

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 19-May-06 16:05:33

Trip to the docs is in order snotty.

Could just be normal bodily movements (but you notice them more now you have been pg), but that you can feel your uterus at all is worth seeing your gp for.

GreenyTheBison Fri 19-May-06 16:06:12

I am DEFINITELY not pregnant. Unless the Lord has chosen me for a Very Special Purpose, which I very muvh doubt

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 19-May-06 16:08:51

and from here on she shall be called "GreenyTheMadonna"

GreenyTheBison Fri 19-May-06 16:16:01

He could certainly be accused of moving in Very Mysterious Ways Indeed if he plumped for the likes of me

But seriously. I ain't up the duff.

kalex Fri 19-May-06 16:18:23

I used to get this all the time, until DS was about 2.5. I also used to get the feeling of a baby moving about inside me, I spoke to the Dr, and it is apparently perfectly normal. HTH

GreenyTheBison Fri 19-May-06 16:19:25

Oh, thanks kalex, that is EXACTLY what I was hoping to hear

I shall now disregard all other advice which is less nice than kalex's

ggglimpopo Fri 19-May-06 16:20:40

Message withdrawn

GreenyTheBison Fri 19-May-06 16:21:49

Trip trap trip trap

Who's that trespassing on MYYYYYYY thread?

<< sickening wet crunching munching sounds>>

ggglimpopo Fri 19-May-06 16:24:29

Message withdrawn

SleepyJess Fri 19-May-06 16:27:11

I actually did a test once, went and got it from 24-hr Asda at eleven at night and sat in the bath scared to look at it (after I'd peed on it).. because I was so sure I had felt a baby move inside me. It was a few months after DH's vasectomy...

Actually nearly fainted dead away when I looked at the test and it had two spots.. but it turned out to be one of those tests (quite cheap ones) where both spots go pink and then one drains away if the result is neg. It did drain away thank f*!!!

I had that 'kicking' feeling a fair few times (although not exactly BH feeling) and have spoken to other women who have had similar.

GreenyTheBison Fri 19-May-06 16:28:26

Yes, GGG (in fun of course) Now shurrup and play dead

GreenyTheBison Fri 19-May-06 16:29:30

Thanks for that SJ - I hope it is just a weird hangover from pregnancy. I did have bizarre pregnancies and big PPHs after both (TMI, sorry)

kalex Fri 19-May-06 16:29:59

Hi GGG, I will email you again!

And I'm allowed to hijack - coz I gave the right answer - <sticks tongue out>

SleepyJess Fri 19-May-06 16:43:52

Big PrincessPeaHeads after both??! How strange! (What's a PPH? It's not TMI if you don't know what it is..!)

GreenyTheBison Fri 19-May-06 17:12:48

Lol at Princess Pea Head

I meant post-partum haemorrhage

Tatties Fri 19-May-06 17:21:01

I haven't felt BH since being pg, but I've definitely had the 'kicking'. It actually reminds me how nice it was to feel the kicks and makes me want another....

GreenyTheBison Fri 19-May-06 17:21:57

Maybe it's another of Mother Nature's devious little tricks to nudge us into having more babies

Tatties Fri 19-May-06 17:24:45

Yes probably, like that selective memory thing...

nicnack2 Fri 19-May-06 17:30:40

Thanks you that i found this thread. DS2 is 10 weeks and i have had tightenings as well>Had post natal check up and told this to GP who gave me antibotics 'just in case' didnt have this with ds1. And if it is nature nudging she will be getting an elbow back. My procreation is complete. ( cant say for DH though lol)

Pruni Fri 19-May-06 17:32:09

Message withdrawn

sottovoce Fri 19-May-06 19:53:51

Thank GOD for you ladies - i have noticed this recently and thought I must be hallucinating. I am TTC but did a pg test last month and BFN.

Incidentally, oh wise MNetters, when in your pg does the test not show it? Do you have HCG all the way through or only at the beginning? I remember reading somewhere that you could only test if you were less than ? 12 weeks pg but wondered if that was right. If you were 24 weeks pg (aside from looking it, feeling movements etc) would a pg test bought from tescos or wherever still work?

Thanks

1973magpie Fri 19-May-06 20:38:52

My daughter is 6 and I still get those baby kicking sensations sometimes...I thought it was trapped wind

JackieNo Fri 19-May-06 20:44:20

I still get the kicking feeling too occasionally. Glad I'm not alone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: