Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this Noro? With fever?

(6 Posts)
Elibean Tue 07-May-13 09:47:16

Felt acidy and nauseous from 1am - aching all over at 5am so took paracetamol, violently sick at 6am and again at 8.....body hurts a lot and temp 38.3 even after para (taken second dose now, and risked a nurofen plus as hurt too much to lie still - kill or cure I know 😳).

I don't need call gp do I? Never had vomiting bug, but this is classic right? Wasn't sure about fever...,

Tia

Nodney Tue 07-May-13 10:38:25

Hi Eli hope you aren't feeling too awful. I think Noro can give you a fever and make you feel achy. If you are worried, it wouldn't do any harm to phone your doctor. Hope you feel better soon x

Elibean Tue 07-May-13 10:49:44

Is that you, Noddy?

Either way, thanks! Felt dire but eased right now <crosses fingers tightly> but fever not dropped even with nurofen on top of paracetamol. Will call early pm if goes up any more, and dh taken evening off work bless him.

zen1 Tue 07-May-13 21:07:05

I have often had a fever accompanying vomiting bugs. There are some nasty ones around at the moment. My MIL was up all night on Friday (vomited x15!), but she is almost back to normal now. Hope you feel better soon.

Elibean Tue 07-May-13 21:33:13

Thanks. Not been sick since this morning, and temp bit lower but still ache horribly! Poor mil, 15 times? Eek.

Have managed to avoid people today, but dh can't take tomorrow off as well....will have to do school run and feed kidssad

BeaWheesht Tue 07-May-13 21:35:30

When we had noro we had fevers - Dh and I weren't sick but dd and ds were. Poor dd (2) lay curled up on the floor vomiting ever few minutes most o the night sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now